This charter is created by the AVP and aims to define rules of good conduct for sailboats sailing in Polynesia in order to inform them about local practices and regulations, to improve their image with "terrian" residents and therefore harmonize behaviours in order to gain real recognition and acceptance among the authorities and the public.
The idea is to take against the train of restrictions that is marching against boating in Polynesia, showing our commitment to "regulate" by ourselves and show white paw in order to obtain flexibility in the restrictions to come and become the first actor of its own expansion and no longer be the mere spectator of the degradation of a pleasure boat that one does not wish.
It will be based on documentation and detailed information that will be developed in an appendix to explain why the issues are essential and how they can be implemented.
We will focus on providing simple and inexpensive answers and solutions to equip your boat if necessary to comply.
It is reserved exclusively for AVP members.
Each member of the AVP will be free to subscribe, or not.
Each subscription will be accompanied by a pavilion to show its commitment and willingness to do everything possible to respect it.
This charter will be scalable and developed in conjunction with the participation of partners involved in boating in Polynesia.
It will therefore be implemented with recommendations from all stakeholders who see fit to provide information on a course of action to limit the impact of boating on the area concerned. Partners can be environmental associations in general, as well as agencies from the administration or government, provided they are involved in our approach and their recommendations consistent and "non-liberticidal."
Here is the draft charter we have developed:
THE CHARTE OF GOOD CONDUITE OF THE ANATIONSNITERS IN POLYNESIA
ABOVE ALL, A COMMITMENT:
By adhering to this charter, I show my commitment to have an eco-responsible attitude, to respect the land and its people, the regulations and customs in force, and to protect the fauna and flora of Polynesia.
A PAVILION TO DISPLAY ITS COMMITMENT:
By flying the flag linked to this charter, I show the other boaters and the people that I have committed to respect it.
- I keep all my waste on board and sort it to recycle according to the available infrastructure on each island.
- I prefer an active eco-responsible attitude:
--- by picking up waste found at sea
---- by limiting the use of single-use plastic
--- using products with no effect on the environment
- I use my retention device and/or the infrastructure provided on land, in accordance with the current requirements to avoid discharges into the lagoon
- I lay my anchor exclusively on a sand or mud background to preserve the coral
- I respect the fishing regulations (fish, shellfish, crustaceans, ...)
- I respect the distances and rules of observation of marine mammals
- I sail cautiously in the lagoon and approaching the beaches and swimmers
- I reduce my speed in moorings and in the vicinity of other boats
5 - Respect for the people and access to land
- I prefer access to public land near the anchorage when they exist
- Most of the land being private (motu - islets - included), access to the shore, fruit picking, sometimes the simple passage are subject to permission of the inhabitants.
- I anchor at a reasonable distance from the houses respecting the tranquility of the place
- I introduce myself, I communicate, and I ask the inhabitants of the specifics of the place visited.
- I keep a decent outfit close to the shore, boats and in contact with the people in general
- I make every effort to keep my boat in a state of navigation and manoeuvrability
- I prefer fairing areas equipped to carry out the maintenance of my hull
- I defend the values of solidarity and mutual aid among seafarers
- I make my friends and family (especially children) aware of the protection and protection of our environment and the respect of this charter
SCOCÉAN SCOCÉAN CHARTE ANNEXES POLYNESIA:
ALTERNATIVES / SOLUTIONS / INFORMATIONS / PJINATING
In the charter, you will find links to these annexes: they aim to provide information, provide practical solutions to those who would not be able to implement it, and will identify all the recommendations of partners who would like to actively join and participate in the charter by using it as a communication channel to expose their problems to boaters.
She's TOTALLY EVOLUTIONARy!