MEETING CR of 25/01/2019
Subject: Article published in Tahiti-Pacific No.399 of 25/01/2019 "Unwanted Sailboats in Moorea"
Present: Sophie, Arnaud, Bernard, Eric, Régine, excused: Florent.
Debates about the attitude to be held. Two diverging positions emerge:
- publication of a right of reply (light version: simply factual, hard version: offensive against the municipality and its untruths).
- do not react (newspaper read mainly by popaas, no facts or new statements ...)
We agree not to react at this time; on the other hand, we (Eric) will once again request an appointment with the mayor of Moorea (without much hope, the previous requests have remained unanswered).
Debates around the dissemination of this article. Again, two diverging positions:
- do nothing to avoid "putting oil on the fire";
- publish this Tahiti-Pacific article on the AVP website.
The posting of an article of a paid newspaper still on sale is not legal, it is appropriate to disseminate by email to all members, accompanied by a comment (Arnaud).
Contact the kite-surfers' association, which recently faced the same problems of arbitrary prohibition by the mayor of Moorea: it had won in Court (Regina).
- Validate with Stephanie Betz her figure of 100,000 xpf of head tax for three months, which seems unrealistic (Regina) Answer: she gave the figure 1000 xpf/day, extrapolated by the journalist for 90 days to 100,000 xpf...
- World Oceans Day: animations to prepare
- Interviewed by Sophie Michel Baltzer proposes the date of June 29 (autonomy) for the next chips. However, it is planned to do a second one around March/April (Arue or Taina).
- Sophie announces her resignation from the office from the next AG due to a happy event.