Date: 10/11/2018, 2pm-4.30pm, Punaauia Town Hall
Participants: 14 people, including board members.
- Status of negotiations with Moorea Town Hall on the PGEM file
- Proposals for action
Moorea PGEM Review
- Boaters were "forgotten" in the instructionphase phase of this revision (typical example: incongruous notion of "night mooring")
- Being "exemplary" will certainly have no effect (but you have to be in spite of everything)
- Press article on the complaint of the town hall of Moorea on the PGEM (request for a quasi-ban of mooring): it is an ultra-maximalist position, so to be taken with reservations about its real seriousness
- Article P. Cosso: shared more than 1000 times on fb.
- Article "Moorings in Huahine: the illustrations show mainly coral already dead, not live potatoes.
- Chantal Spitz split an answer on fb on these articles, basically, I'm tired of these sailboats ...
- Several cases of unfounded "requests" by locals to evacuate the anchorage immediately; whatever argument is used (authorized mooring, non-polluting, payer, ...) , in the end, the only real reason that ends up appearing is: the lagoon is mine, clears ...
- Cases of proven threats against a sailboat, informed gendarmes, small reaction of the authorities to calm things down (south of Moorea)
- Anglo-Saxons might be less affected by these problems (... perceived as "passing")?
- List events of this nature?
- Should we see the Minister of Tourism (remind her of the example of the various Caribbean islands boycotted by boaters due to numerous security problems (Haiti, Northern Venezuela, etc....)? She was promoting Polynesia in Panama, to sailboats ...
- Communication on the various assaults
- To the "young" who are excited?
- Residents: don't care about the $$$ aspect
- Local authorities (electoralism, ...?): the mayor of Moorea is the one of the "kite-surfing" banned overnight ...
- Policies (rotten situation?)
Capture, privatization of the public domain
- Restricting the freedom of the inhabitants themselves (who will also no longer be able to wet their boats)
- Dissociate from boats parked at home (AirBnB and others) on Moorea's fairgrounds
- Charters: little concerned, because will systematically obtain a derogation from any rule (typical professional example: case of "pink sands" in the PGEM/Fakarava Biosphere)
Taxation of boaters
- Would indirectly answer the accusation of sailboats that pay nothing ... but no unanimity on the subject.
- The AVP must not propose taxation (such as a navigation permit) until the PF comes on its own.
- It will be necessary to participate in the negotiation on the spot and the payment terms of this possible taxation (at the entrance in PF or by island, punctual/monthly/annual/stay, special case of the popeeties, amount, benefit included or not (garbage, ...), etc ...)
- Plan a recruitment day (systematic door-to-door)
- Use the file of an old petition to mail up proposals for AVP memberships
Help to the operation of the asso
- GEX can make N/B photocopies at 10 frcs piece (flyers, ...)
- Isabelle Roumagnac could be contacted for good quality English translations
- Eric Pinel- Peschardière is the new Vice-President (to be officially validated at the next AG)
Film about life on a sailboat in Pf
- mooring, NRJ, water, waste, expenses, local life integration, etc...
- Purpose: to show what sailboats really are, to demystify with the locals, projections...
- Scenario to prepare: Meeting November 20 at casa 5 p.m. on the subject
- Opportunity contacts pros (P. Cosso)
- revive the idea of making specific AVP T-shirts? Illustration? Thinking about it
- The current contribution (1500 frcs) does not cover the expenses of the Asso.
Its new amount will be 2000 frcs for the year 2019.
- P. Cosso: contact Customs, for stats (written) entrances/exits of sailboats in PF in recent years (and all other useful data available on the subject: number of people per sailboat, report taxes popeetisation, ...)
Next office meeting: December 2, 2018, Casa Bianca, 5:00 p.m.